A curated list of amazingly awesome open source intelligence tools and resources.
Open-source intelligence (OSINT) is intelligence collected from publicly available sources.
In the intelligence community (IC), the term "open" refers to overt, publicly available sources (as opposed to covert or clandestine sources)
📖 Table of Contents
Please read CONTRIBUTING if you wish to add tools or resources.
This list was taken partially taken from i-inteligence's OSINT Tools and Resources Handbook.
Thanks to our main contributors
↑ General Search
The main search engines used by users.
↑ Main National Search Engines
Localized search engines by country.
↑ Meta Search
Lesser known and used search engines.
↑ Specialty Search Engines
Search engines for specific information or topics.
↑ Visual Search and Clustering Search Engines
Search engines that scrape multiple sites (Google, Yahoo, Bing, Goo, etc) at the same time and return results.
- Carrot2 - Organizes your search results into topics.
- Yippy - Search using multiple sources at once
↑ Similar Sites Search
Find websites that are similar. Good for business competition research.
↑ Document and Slides Search
Search for data located on PDFs, Word documents, presentation slides, and more.
Find information that has been uploaded to Pastebin & alternative pastebin-type sites
↑ Code Search
Search by website source code
- AnalyzeID - Find Other Websites Owned By The Same Person
- NerdyData - Search engine for source code.
- SearchCode - Help find real world examples of functions, API's and libraries across 10+ sources.
↑ Major Social Networks
↑ Real-Time Search, Social Media Search, and General Social Media Tools
Social Media Tools
Tools to help discover more about a reddit user or subreddit.
Perform various OSINT on Russian social media site VKontakte.
- FTL - Browser plugin that finds emails of people's profiles in LinkedIn.
↑ Blog Search
↑ Forums and Discussion Boards Search
↑ Username Check
↑ People Investigations
↑ E-mail Search / E-mail Check
↑ Phone Number Research
- National Cellular Directory - was created to help people research and reconnect with one another by performing cell phone lookups. The lookup products includes have billions of records that can be accessed at any time, as well as free searches one hour a day, every day.
- Reverse Phone Lookup - Detailed information about phone carrier, region, service provider, and switch information.
- Spy Dialer - Get the voicemail of a cell phone & owner name lookup.
- Twilio - Look up a phone numbers carrier type, location, etc.
- Phone Validator - Pretty accurate phone lookup service, particularly good against Google Voice numbers.
↑ Expert Search
↑ Company Research
↑ Job Search Resources
↑ Q&A Sites
↑ Domain and IP Research
- ahrefs - A tool for backlink research, organic traffic research, keyword research, content marketing & more.
- Bing Webmaster Tools
- Central Ops
- Dedicated or Not
- DNS History
- Domain Big Data
- Domain Crawler
- Domain Dossier
- Domain History
- Domain Tools - Whois lookup and domain/ip historical data.
- Easy whois
- Exonera Tor - A database of IP addresses that have been part of the Tor network. It answers the question whether there was a Tor relay running on a given IP address on a given date.
- IP Checking
- IP Location
- IP 2 Geolocation
- IP 2 Location
- IPVoid - IP address toolset.
- MXToolbox - MX record lookup tool.
- Netcraft Site Report
- Open Site Explorer
- Quick Sprout
- Remote DNS Lookup
- Spyse - Scans entire internet using OSINT and collects all valuable info in its own database: Ipv4 hosts, domains/Meta/Whois, AS, TLS/SSL, Ports/Banners/Protocols, technologies, OS and much other info.
- SecurityTrails - API to search current and historical DNS records, current and historical WHOIS, technologies used by sites and whois search for phone, email, address, IPs etc.
- SEO Chat Tools
- SEOTools for Excel
- Similar Web - Compare any website traffic statistics & analytics.
- Squatm3gator - Enumerate available domains generated modifying the original domain name through different cybersquatting techniques
- URLVoid - Analyzes a website through multiple blacklist engines and online reputation tools to facilitate the detection of fraudulent and malicious websites.
- Website Informer
- Who.is - Domain whois information.
- Whois Arin Online
- You Get Signal
↑ Keywords Discovery and Research
↑ Web History and Website Capture
↑ Language Tools
↑ Image Search
↑ Image Analysis
↑ Stock Images
↑ Video Search and Other Video Tools
↑ Radio and Podcasts Tools
↑ Academic Resources and Grey Literature
↑ Books and Reading
↑ Geospatial Research and Mapping Tools
↑ News Digest and Discovery Tools
↑ Fact Checking
↑ Data and Statistics
↑ Web Monitoring
↑ Offline Browsing
↑ VPN Services
↑ Annotation Tools
↑ Writing and Office Tools
↑ Slide Show and Presentation Tools
↑ Digital Publishing
↑ Newsletter Tools
↑ Digital Storytelling
↑ Infographics and Data Visualization
↑ Image and Photo Editing
↑ Productivity Tools
↑ E-mail Management
↑ Document and Reference Management
↑ PDF Management
↑ OCR Tools
↑ Cloud Storage and File Sharing
↑ Web Automation
↑ Dashboard Tools
↑ Collaboration and Project Management
↑ Communication Tools
↑ Calendars and Scheduling
↑ Mind Mapping, Concept Mapping and Idea Generation Tools
↑ Social Network Analysis
↑ Privacy and Encryption Tools
- Amass - The amass tool searches Internet data sources, performs brute force subdomain enumeration, searches web archives, and uses machine learning to generate additional subdomain name guesses. DNS name resolution is performed across many public servers so the authoritative server will see the traffic coming from different locations. Written in Go.
- findsubdomains - Automatically scans different sources to collect as many subdomains as can. Validate all the data through various tools and services to provide correct results without waiting.
↑ Other Tools
- Barcode Reader - Decode barcodes in C#, VB, Java, C\C++, Delphi, PHP and other languages.
- Belati - Belati - The Traditional Swiss Army Knife For OSINT. Belati is tool for Collecting Public Data & Public Document from Website and other service for OSINT purpose.
- Datasploit - Tool to perform various OSINT techniques on usernames, emails addresses, and domains.
- Greynoise - "Anti-Threat Intelligence" Greynoise characterizes the background noise of the internet, so the user can focus on what is actually important.
- The Harvester - Gather emails, subdomains, hosts, employee names, open ports and banners from different public sources like search engines, PGP key servers and SHODAN computer database.
- Intrigue Core - Framework for attack surface discovery.
- Maltego - Maltego is an open source intelligence (OSINT) and graphical link analysis tool for gathering and connecting information for investigative tasks.
- OpenRefine - Free & open source power tool for working with messy data and improving it.
- Orbit - Draws relationships between crypto wallets with recursive crawling of transaction history.
- OSINT Framework - Web based framework for OSINT.
- OsintStalker - Python script for Facebook and geolocation OSINT.
- Outwit - Find, grab and organize all kinds of data and media from online sources.
- eScraper - Grab product descriptions, prices, image
urls and other data effortlessly
- Photon - Crawler designed for OSINT
- Pown Recon - Target reconnaissance framework powered by graph theory.
- QuickCode - Python and R data analysis environment.
- SecApps Recon - Information gathering and target reconnaissance tool and UI.
- sn0int - Semi-automatic OSINT framework and package manager.
- Zen - Find email addresses of Github users
↑ Threat Intelligence
- REScure Threat Intel Feed - REScure is an independent threat intelligence project which we undertook to enhance our understanding of distributed systems, their integration, the nature of threat intelligence and how to efficiently collect, store, consume, distribute it.
- OTX AlienVault - Open Threat Exchange is the neighborhood watch of the global intelligence community. It enables private companies, independent security researchers, and government agencies to openly collaborate and share the latest information about emerging threats, attack methods, and malicious actors, promoting greater security across the entire community.
- OnionScan - Free and open source tool for investigating the Dark Web. Its main goal is to help researchers and investigators monitor and track Dark Web sites.
- Digital Stakeout - DigitalStakeout Scout™ is the leading security intelligence tool to collect data from the surface web, social media, dark web and technical sources to illuminate and investigate external threats.
↑ OSINT Videos
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International license.